Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hail Columbia

To the idiots of the right and the idiots of the left who have been raising such a stink (both before and after) about Mahmud Ahmadinejad speaking at Columbia University in New York yesterday, may I offer up my favorite quote of the year originally directed at said Iranian president by Columbia President Lee Bollinger:

"You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated.”


The New York Times has extensive coverage of the brouhaha here, but suffice it to say I'm with those who believe that free speech was served yesterday not least because Ahmadinejad proved himself to be a first class buffoon.

Ahmadinejad suggested at Columbia that Iran doesn't have homosexuals. To prove it, here's the Revolutionary Guard looking very butch and not at all poofy

1 comment:

mainelife said...

I like what WEEI has been calling him:
ahm a dinnah jacket....heh.
I agree with you on the free speech issue. I'm glad he was allowed to speak. He did himself more harm than any negative PR our government can create.

MainePages.com