Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Little Larceny, A Little House Keeping

First, via Unwellness, states that I have been to:
create your own visited states map

I wish I could remember what the middle bit did to piss me off and make me take the long way around.

Second, I was tagged for a meme by M!key, and at the risk of further encouraging such chain letter-like behaviour, thought I owed him the courtesy of compliance:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
January 1996: unemployed for three weeks, broke, enduring my first Maine winter in the world's smallest house, looking at mold on the walls and ice on the inside of the windows, eating ramen and wondering if I had made a mistake in moving to the States.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
January 2005: visiting jewellers, booking a nice hotel in Boston, getting ready to propose to Country Mouse (don't be fooled: I ended up doing it at home one night before we were going bowling).

Five snacks you enjoy:
Marmite on toast, clam flavoured chips (crisps), kit-kats, cough drops, and custardy yogurt.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
"Karma Chameleon", Wymondham College school song, both "God Save the Queens", "Jerusalem". And "On the Ball City". God Save The Queen(s) counts as one.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Try to live up to my values and give $300,000 away, 2) Take Country Mouse to the BVI, 3) Jaguar Sovereign XJ40, 4) buy a suit with a velvet collar, 5) drink better wine.

Five bad habits:
Procrastination, impatience with bureaucracy (they won't work faster if you are shouting), overt skepticism about most things, using google as a spell check, not dumbing down enough to get by every day.

Five things you like doing:
Writing, reading, learning, speaking in free association gibberish for five minutes after I wake up, drinking beer.

Five things you would never wear, buy or get new again:
Speedo, toupee, humvee/SUV, Coors products, flights on Continential. You decide which one belongs in which category ( I only used two of the three).


OK, theft accomplished, obligations paid.

4 comments:

mj said...

Don't worry, I won't tag you again. Much.

"clam-flavoured chips"? My god, another thing that we don't get here... I presume that the fried potato (alleged) is unlikely to have any trace of clam on it?

Wisdom Weasel said...

I believe one bag in a hundred has a clam wafted over it.

Jim said...

Nothing profound to add, other than I enjoyed reading the list.

Yeah, you do have some weird aversion to middle America--strange.

Never had "clam-flavored chips"; I prefer Humpty-Dumpty's Ketchup-flavored, although, the best I've ever had were in Canada and the brand escapes me.

Wisdom Weasel said...

The clam are/were Humpty Dumpty too- purple bag, often ruffled. They seem to have disappeared, along with the dilly ones. Until they reappear I have to content myself with Cape Cod dark russets and Helluva Good clam dip.

MainePages.com