Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breaking and Censering

Its been an exhausting weekend of (scripted) drama this weekend: I made my biennial pilgrimage to the altar of the late Cubby Broccoli (aww, man. I giggled- giggled at at least two of the stunts, I love the new Bond direction so much) and we finally watched the conclusion of The Wire. As a consequence I'm a touch knackered and a little brain dead. So instead of a long, considered post on arts, culture, politics, economics, and life (hmm...) I would like to share this gem from the BBC:

Russian church 'taken by thieves'

A 200-year-old church building has disappeared from a village in central Russia, officials from the Russian Orthodox Church say (the rest...)

The spotty seventeen year old pretentious intellectual within me wants to yell "Oooh! Oooh! A church stolen, not stealing: the irony!" but he is afraid the 35 year old me will clock him one with a frying pan.

No comments:

MainePages.com