Thursday, May 24, 2007

This Is Not A Baseball Blog 15

Last year I noticed that Kevin Youkilis of the Boston Red Sox resembled Popeye when at bat. Youk grew a beard in the off-season, and as a consequence he now resembles Bluto:

The big hearted, givin'-it-his-all Kevin Youkilis


Popeye's nemesis, Bluto

If next year Youk shows up with his hair in a bun, knobby knees, and signs of dramatic weight loss I think that will indicate that he plans on hitting for the Popeye cycle.

In other baseball news, the Sox dropped the last series to the Yankees. I now await my forfeit from Bill Norris with more trepidation than the prospect of those poo-filled nappies/daipers that wait me in my immediate future.

On a happier note however, I am very impressed with some of the search terms that have been leading people to this blog. I am humbled to think that I might be among the premier web destinations for updates for people who "hate swedes", who are interested in "three legged frog(s)", who have canine issues along the lines of "my dog ruined my carpet", or who want to know who holds the "world record for longest projectile vomit". Keep looking, seekers!

6 comments:

Mark said...

Speaking of inter-blog relations...one of the other blogs I read is by a chap called 'stoat'. Imagine my surprise when I found an article called stoats and weaselson his page...

Maestra said...

you should find a cartoon character that resembles all the players you can. It'll keep you off the streets and you can waste many hours of your day. I'd personally like to see that maybe they dont have to be look a likes maybe they can be other people. Like how Keith hernandez looks like Tom Selleck. I'm not making sense im tired

Bill Norris said...

I'm considering my options. I had little faith that I'd actually win, so I hadn't really come up with anything.

mainelife said...

You are so right....he does look like Popeye. It's quite a gift that you have, noticing these resemblances.

mainelife said...

Sorry, I meant to say he does look like Bluto this year--not Popeye.

Unknown said...

I'm begining to think that Lugo looks like Olive Oyl- Youk better slim down and shave qucik if he's to keep this up.

MainePages.com