Monday, May 16, 2005

A Fabulously Bile Filled Letter

Occasional visitors to Wisdom Weasel may know that one of my simple pleasures is tilting Don Quixote-like at corporate and media windmills through the venerable and civilized art of writing letters dripping with invective. No doubt the front offices and personal assistants of my epistolic victims consider me a nut, and it is rare to receive a reply, but recent signs have shown that I'm not alone in this enjoyable pursuit. First, Henry over at the Big Ball recently serialized and excellent battle of words with Ticketmaster. Then my pal, the writer and movie professor 'Montana' Mike Janover finally snapped and had a crack at the poor, clueless David Broder. Mike's email follows:

"Sometimes these so-called journalists just piss me off. FYI, my letter to David Broder, Washington Post, who suggests says "the Democrats would be well advised to make a serious counteroffer rather than just reject Frist's overture." Frist's overture, in case you don't know, is to allow the Democrats to complain for 100 hours and then roll over and play dead forever. - Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Janover
To: davidbroder@washpost.com
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 6:00 PM
Subject: Your opinion

Rather than calling Bill Frist's nuclear option for what it is -- a big, bold step toward authoritarianism -- you suggest that the Democrats capitulate and come up with something more acceptable to the Republicans. For too long, the Democrats have served as human doormats, and now you suggest that they need be even more conciliatory. Since you can't refrain from giving your unasked-for idiotic advice to Democrats, allow me to offer you a suggestion: Please stop writing. Your opinions are insipid and lame. You lack wisdom, courage, and (I suspect) independent thought. The only remote value you seem to have as a television or print journalist is that your resemblance to a human muppet occasionally makes me want to laugh. Sadly, Mr. Broder, that's not much of a raison d'etre."


I like the fact that I have grumpy friends who enjoy yelling. It is very cathartic.

No comments:

MainePages.com