Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Slacker


I have just wasted 25 minutes of my life, watching the end of Soylent Green starring that maniac Charlton Heston (a man with two last names and no first name: always a rum sign) just so that I could hear this:

"Det. Thorn: It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

Hatcher: I promise, Tiger. I promise. I'll tell the exchange.

Det. Thorn: You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!"


I need to get out more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is he trying to say? That Soylent Green is people? Ha:)

What an over actor!
There are a few old movies that have those memorable lines meant to be dramatic but just make me laugh. This is one of my favorites another favorite of mine is John Wayne delivering a line as a Centurian standing by at the crucifixion in "The Greatest Story Ever Told." Imagine Wayne's swagger and voice as he says "He truly was......the Son of God."
I can go on this is fun

Wisdom Weasel said...

What's the difference between Charlton Heston and God?

God doesn't think he is Charlton Heston.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

MainePages.com